1. Please tell us about your job; in a nut shell who do you work for and what do you do?
I am the HR Coordinator for the Edgewater Casino. I am in control of a few things under the HR umbrella, things like Recruitment and Health & Safety. I technically work for the Director of Human Resources at the Edgewater Casino, but really, we work for the Associates of Edgewater.
2. I see that you’ve been with Edgewater Casino for a number of years, what is it about your job that keeps you coming back day after day?
It really is a great place to work. The people here are great and the relationships we have with one another extends beyond the work place which does wonders for moral and teamwork when it comes to business issues.
3. What is one area that you would like to increase your professional experience on at your job?
We are a casino; we’re all about creating great experiences for our guests. But at the back end, it’s about money, and I want to learn more about the inner workings of that area. Forecasting, budgeting, and anything else that has to do with numbers.
4. What is it about HR that excites you and keeps you so passionate?
I started HR about 5 years ago and the whole reason was because my Manager at the time told me I was right for the job. He really pushed me and convinced others that I was the right fit. Many people gave me an opportunity and this job has turned out to be my career. I hope to extend the opportunities that was given to me to others who are looking for a chance to shine.
5. What is one thing that you would make you consider a role with another organization?
Someone told me that people do not leave jobs, they leave the people. So right now, I’m working with a great manager and great teammates. So unless the people make a complete 180 on their attitudes or work ethics, I don’t think I’ll be leaving the organization soon!